home values lower makefield, home values upper makefield, home values newtown, home values langhorne, home values wrightstown, home values pennington, home values hopewell, home values lawrenceville, home values middletown, home values ewing, home values richboro, home values, property values
We need your help. Please email the letter provided below to the Lower Makefield Board of Supervisors (BOS) now!
The FAA approved (via FONSI) the airport's request for expansion, with a limited period of review. We need to act now to petition the court to overturn this decision. We need the BOS to support the appeal by signing the petition as a co-petitioner. Their support adds significant weight to the petition. There is no financial obligation from signing.
Tell me more
On March 21, the FAA rubber-stamped the airport’s blatantly false environmental assessment. They claimed that no analysis was necessary regarding emissions or noise because the five-fold terminal expansion and many related growth-oriented projects would not lead to an increase in air traffic.
Congressman Fitzpatrick and Senators Toomey and Casey all supported our community by asking the FAA for a more thorough environmental impact statement to which the FAA paid lip-service up until they issued the Finding Of No Significant Impact (FONSI.)
This past week, the LMT Board of Supervisors listened to a presentation on the issues presented by Mr. Kyle Melander (Congressman Fitzpatrick’s representative to our area) regarding the significant impacts to the community and the highly questionable FONSI. To watch it click here and then select Kyle's presentation from the drop-down list below the video window on the left which shows the township seal.
Those impacts include but are not limited to:
• Significant air traffic increase and widening air space within Lower Makefield and Yardley
• Wells, streams, and the Delaware River Watershed potentially contaminated with PFAS (a hazardous carcinogen 'forever' chemical) in our drinking water
• Unhealthy air quality from fine particulates from jet fuel emissions
• Noise pollution that will impact quality of life, children's cognitive learning capabilities (flight path is over 4 elementary schools)
• Long-term erosion of local home values
There is a legal effort being mounted by our sister organization in NJ, TTS - Trenton Threatened Skies (click here) challenging the FONSI.
WE NEED YOU to do the following:
1) Email or call the LMT board of supervisors and express your concerns about the impact of the airport expansion on your community, your health, your quality of life and our property values. We've provided a boilerplate letter, email addresses and phone numbers below.
2) Ask the supervisors to support the appeal by signing the TTS appeal as a co-petitioner that has no financial obligation to the township.
Boilerplate letter, email addresses and phone numbers. Click here to see the letter and save it on your computer. - Sign the letter. - Copy the text into an email or attach the document to an email. - Email the signed letter to the LMT BOS. Please be sure to cc all LMT Supervisors on the email. Click here for email addresses and phone numbers. This needs to be done before the Lower Makefield Board of Supervisors' next meeting, May 4. It won't take long but this action could have long-term impact on your future and the future of Bucks County.